Following the excellent 2014 draft, and reasonable UDFA-period, it left me wondering are there any other players out there that the Oakland Raiders could still pickup. Here are a few possibilities, let me know if you can think of any more:-
* Vince Young – I thought I’d start with the real controversial one. Former pro bowl QB and apparently the player Al Davis really wanted when we drafted Michael Huff, Vince Young is the unfortunate victim of Manziel’s signing with the Browns. If I’m honest I don’t really want Vince Young on our roster, as unless he has changed dramatically in personaility recently he isn’t the kind of character we need on this team (and we brought him in for a tryout last year), but I would rather have his talent on the roster than Trent Edwards….#justsaying
* Jordan Rodgers – if we’re collected brothers of other QB’s how about Aaron Rodger’s younger brother Jordan. The dolphins just released him to make room on their roster. Seriously I am NOT stating this is a player we should give realistic consideration to, just making a very poor reference to the brother thing – sorry.
* Bruce Campbell – our former OT, played reasonably well at times with the Caroline Panthers, and according to sources at the club, was unfortunate not to be given a new contract. Campbell would suit our renewed emphasis on power-running schemes and has learnt a lot since his Raiders days. Would provide good competition at OT and would surely improve under Tony Sparano’s teaching.
* Santonio Holmes – the former Superbowl MVP still has the field-stretching legs, might be worth Reggie looking into the eyes of to see if he can change his ways, #ReggieSeesAll
* Michael Bush – still a free agent, despite talk of signing with the New England Patriots. Bush can still do it, the only question is do we have room in our now very well stock RB-vaults?…..no, sorry
* Colt Lyerla – the risky TE that nobdy wants to take the risk on. I don’t know what this talent kid did, but following his getting kicked off the team he said “it’s something I deeply, deeply regret and it’s a mistake I’ll have to live with the rest of my life”….it seems all the nfl teams are more than a little concerned themselves! With a 4.61 second 40 yard dash, a 39” vertical leap and decent receiving skills, this kid though surely can play TE. Again one for Reggie to look into the eys of, #ReggieSeesAll