So we roll-on. Yes we lost to the Denver Broncos, but it was closer than most analysts (though perhaps not the eternal optimist fan) thought, with clear signs of potential in our ranks. The roster, however, is already changing, and hopefully for the better.
Former practise squad guard Lamar Mady has been signed to the active roster, replacing TE David Ausberry who has been placed on IR.
* We are now only carrying 3 TE’s – 4 was too many for a 53 man roster
* We were looking woeful at guard, whether (or not) Mady is the answer to our problems – likely not – at least we are making moves, and giving youth a chance
* The National Football Post rated Lama Mady as their number one “linemen that NFL teams are excited to see at the combine” (ahead of Larry Warford), they particularly highlight his excellent display against the Texas versus the Nation Game. They saw him as a potential third or fourth rounder going into the draft. Draft Insider, meanwhile, described Mady as “an explosive run-blocking lineman who has upside.” Indeed, reading all pre-draft scoop on Mady again I’m starting to get excited, it looks like this boy could have it – Sparano weave your magic.
* A TE with real pass-catching potential, Ausberry, is out. I wonder if there is much more time on the clock for his perenial potential?
* Mady is an undrafted FA, we have already cut once
Expect more moves on the OL/TE front.